Thursday, May 16, 2013

Intric8art

Intric8art is very popular in here. I sold a print 5 minutes after I put it in the window last Sunday. They are very groovy and a lot of fun.

 What inspires you to create?

Blank canvases and sharpies! I’m one of those people who can’t sit still, or not doodle on a piece of paper while on the phone. Subconsciously I’m always creating something – I have that natural urge to draw. When given a blank canvas I never have the final design in mind before I start creating, as nothing ever goes to plan. I think it’s good to let your natural instincts do the creating and work off that – that way there is no pressure or expectation. As I start drawing something sparks a new idea, and another.. until BOOM I’ve created something so intricate and detailed it almost seems impossible to find where I originally started. Then I’ll do it all over again… but maybe I’ll add colour this time…

 What are your hopes for the future?

I’d love to continue to travel the world and be inspired by different cultures and landscapes. I’d love to come home to my own crazy little art studio full of colour and life. A room where I can walk in and have the natural urge to create something new. Endless possibilities. If I could work full time creating my own prints and greeting card designs, I’d be very satisfied! I’d also love to do some collaborative work with other artists and create some intense pieces for the public eye.

Name a few things that make you happy?

Loud music! Always a good method of getting yourself into that ‘happy place’. It’s a great way to unwind and lose yourself. I also love being out in nature, I love scenic views and sunsets. Nature is so pretty! I want to keep travelling and explore the world.

 Who are some of your favourite Artists?

Firstly Salvador Dali and Rene Magritte. They both created such unusual and surreal pieces that are so out of this world and intriguing. I love it! Another favourite is Klimt, especially Tree Of Life. The detail and luxurious colours in his artworks are captivating. I could stare at his artworks for hours…

 I always ask who peoples favourite music artists are as I like to stick a clip at the end Hmm…

I love The Black Keys!


Funky Drawing



 Blue Ladies V4





 Black City




 Links

https://www.facebook.com/Intric8Art?fref=ts

http://www.etsy.com/shop/intric8art

http://www.zazzle.com.au/intric8art+gifts


Here is "The Black Keys" with "Lonely Boy"



1 comment: