Wednesday, May 8, 2013

HeXtasy - Designs Of Decadence

Today we are featuring the lovely Samantha Stitz of Hextasy an Artist based in Brisbane Australia. She has a whole showcase of her delicate work in here. Just perfect for an original gift or even to spoil yourself.

 Here is a description of HeXtasy taken from her facebook page:

Welcome to the world of heXtasy and my designs of decadence. This world is the result of a love for all things shiny, a penchant for fiddling and a hermit lifestyle that I seem to have adopted. Dabbling in the art since 2006, after several years of working as a freelance digital artist. It has been wonderful to finally move from a non-physical realm into the physical. Inspired by the laments of all forms of music and the world of colour we live in, each piece develops a life of it's own to become truely unique. I hope you will enjoy my work as much as I have enjoyed the creation.

 Here is our little Interview

What inspires you to create?

I'm a glass tart. Plain and simple, I love the feel, the colours, the mesmorising effect the torch has on me. It's my meditation, my escape from reality into my own little world, may have been a pyromanic in a prevous life hmmmm... would explain alot.

 What are your hopes for the future?

I currently am flicking between soft glass, borosilicate glass (hard glass) and fusing dichroic pieces, working full time in my day job leaves me fitting all this in where I can, I would love to pursue this on a more professional level going into more sculptural pieces. It is the whole "one day" ideology that keeps me going. In the meantime, I can live under the guise of "don't make the person that burns things angry" at work ;D

Name a few things that make you happy?

Nothing is better than seeing my pieces go to good homes and the wonderful community of talented artists out there I have met through markets. My awesomely supportive parents and boyfriend, without them I would not be where I am right now. Prior to glass my passion was (and still is) digital art and drawing, one day I would like to continue with this but unfortunately Santa did not deliver last year with my present for another 5 hours in a day.

Who are some of your favourite artists?

Oh boy where to start.... to numerous to mention.... Michele Coletti, Astrid Riedel and Lydia Workman Muell would be right up there. Favourite music artists Once again too numerous to mention, AFI, Chevelle, Sundown, Lana Delray, The Cure, Raspuna, Rob Zombie... the list is rather varied and depends on the mood (or how many beads I need to push out lol)




















HeXtasy Links

http://www.hextasy.com/store/

http://hextasy.etsy.com/

http://hextasy.artfire.com/



I am a bit besotted by this lady's music at the moment so I am glad she is one of Samantha's faves.

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die








3 comments:

  1. Awww thank you so much for posting this, I'm sure the rest of the world thinks i'm totally nuts now but that's ok. :) On a serious level you have opened a beautiful gallery and I'm very humbled to be a part of that experience with you. Thank you, Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Thank you. I'm happy to have you in here.

      Delete