Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chantel Schott

Another of our Artists from the Darling Downs region is the lovely Chantel Schott. Her work is very unique and beautifull. Here is her Artists Statement:
 
Art is a form of communication and a connection to life’s responses to stimuli. It connects us to meaning and influences our perceptions, moods and feelings. The themes I am exploring with my current work serve as a metaphor for the term ‘vintage’. A world of colour, collage and delicate line work gives an anticipation of the familiar becoming extraordinary.

Recycled items including vintage magazines and books, portions of my original artworks, text, photographs and found objects are used to alter sense of place and time. In this context it’s all about my mind’s eye and a world of imagination. My objective is to build pathways between past, present and a possible future of contemporary imagery using elements of myth-making and dream-states to reconstruct images which may potentially one day be considered ‘vintage’.



How do you create your work?

I work very organically, I don’t premeditate what I am going to make but I do think about the feel or style I’ll take. I usually start by choosing a background colour and then attack the canvas with collaged pieces, ink, acrylic and then let the canvas sort of tell me what’s next, and that is when I will add in my filigree-like line work.

What inspires you to create?

 Everything! It’s like an obsession where I need to be creating the paintings. I work a full time job in the Arts, so I am surrounded by creativity and therefore never stop thinking about what I’m going to do next.

What are your hopes for the future?

To work towards making my art work for me. I hope to be professionally practising art full time, gaining representation all over the world! And finally one day would like to have my own gallery to not only promote myself but assist others in their art world journey!

Name a few things that make you happy?

Sunshine, A canvas sale, Painting, Yen magazine, Love, Vegie Gardens and hot water with lemon.

Who are some of your favourite Artists?

There are so many that I just love! But some names that come to mind are Donald James Waters, Ron Van Gennip, Miss Van, Don Milner, Starr and Kamal Swami.

Music Artists?

 Haim (falling), Alpine (Lovers part 2), Mace and the Motor (Here it comes again), Toto (Rosanna), Led Zeppelin (Ramble On) – wow this list could be endless! Ha!


 
 


Identify
40cm x 40cm
Acrylic and Mixed Media


  

Cirkel
76cm x 76cm
Acrylic and Mixed Media


 
 The Dive 
 50cm x 60cm
 Acrylic and Mixed Media

 

A Serene Haunt 
61cm x 76cm
Acrylic and Mixed Media

  
 
 Intricacy
50cm x 60cm
Acrylic and Mixed Media
 
 

 


Hide Out 50cm x 60cm
Acrylic and Mixed Media

Links 

http://www.chantelschott.daportfolio.com/ 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billgabee-Art-by-Chantel-Schott/338438188421


Now this is a seriously cool tune.  Here is Haim with "Falling"




No comments:

Post a Comment