Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Touch of Glass

Simone Mccluskie creates fused and slumped handmade glass plates, bowls and platters for functional or decorative use.They are bright, colourful and quite popular in here. Simone is also a regular at the Young Designers Market at Southbank as well as the Brisstyle Twilight Markets. 


 What inspires you to create?

Creating is an escape from my 9-5.

 What are your hopes for the future?

I would love to work on my glass full time so that I can be at home with my children and spend my days doing something I love.

 Name a few things that make you happy?

So many things make me happy, hearing from my friends and family back home in the UK, friends here, chocolate, family time (yes chocolate came before family time), opening my kiln in the morning.

 Who are some of your favourite Artists?

I don't really follow any artists but I guess all my fellow Brisstyle friends. I meet so many talented people at the markets.

 I always ask who peoples favourite music artists are as I like to stick a clip at the end.

Any Northern Soul, Tamla Motown, Paul Weller.

















Links

https://www.facebook.com/atouchofglassau?fref=ts 

http://www.simonemccluskie.etsy.com/ 

Here is Paul Weller with Sunflower




No comments:

Post a Comment