Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mini Tunglan

Mini Tunglan aka Bek Dunn is wonderfully talented Artist who hails from the Gold Coast in Australia. She works with many medias to create seriously groovy canvases. The work she creates is bright, colourful, fun, cute and just that little bit sinister. They will definitely make you smile and jazz up your wall. Mini will be at Site Cafe, Banyo from the first of July.


What inspires you to create?

I love all the beautiful things in the world. I love flowers, nature, all of the creatures big and small, and the moments we share with friends and loved ones. Joyful moments can be vast, but they an also be tiny snippets of the day. My work is inspired and driven by a need to celebrate the lovely things in life. So in a nutshell, joy, love, peace, happiness, and all things dandy inspire my art making practice. 


What are your hopes for the future?

I hope to be continually amazed by this lovely world and further develop my art making practice. Hopefully a bunch more exhibitions.

 
Name a few things that make you happy?

 I love walking on the beach in the late afternoon with my dog Oobee. Watching the sky turn from a pale teal to creamy peaches, pinks, purples, then to a vibrant orange, pink glow, then finally resting in the arms of a gentle charcoal sky filled with the twinkles of all the stars that dance through the sky. It's during the afternoon strolls that I reflect on all things lovely.


Who are some of your favourite Artists? 

I love Gustav Klimt, Wassily Kandinsky, Joan Miro, Robert Rauschenberg, Basquiat, Audrey Kawasaki, Amy Sol, Yoshitomo Nara, and a million other artists. So its a crazy mix of art. Local artists such as Anthony Jigalin, Barek, El Jungle, and Phil B make me smile too.


















Links

https://www.facebook.com/mini.tunglan 

https://www.facebook.com/sitecafebanyo



Katy Perry - California Gurls Ft. Snoop Dog








No comments:

Post a Comment