Sunday, July 27, 2014

Naomi Crawford aka OmiLee


Naomi is very good at matching colour tones, gentle and easy on the eye, very pretty. Her work would suit an office situation but also a home. Here is some info from her Facebook page.

I am a Brisbane based emerging artist, with qualifications in Textile and Design, who turned my creative skills towards practicing art full time in 2010. I have participated in one solo and ten group gallery exhibitions, as well as having displays in restaurant and retail venues, and attending artists markets through the year.

I create contemporary artwork that is dripping with colour and texture, primarily using acrylics with occasional hints of trade style mediums such as renders, lacquers, enamels and suedes on canvas, board and paper.

I naturally gravitate towards abstraction, as I enjoy the freedom of letting the artwork evolve through feeling, changing directions from the original vision, and stripping back from detail to keep a minimalist feel to my work.

I paint from anything that inspires me and invite my viewers to observe and connect with my images while discovering your own interpretations within the work.

What inspires you to create?

It's more like I have a driving need to create, but the inspiration for what I create comes from just everyday life, where I've been, what I've seen
.
What are your hopes for the future?
To keep the opportunity to do what I love in life alive, and if I must work for someone other than myself, to make that job somehow creative too!
Name a few things that make you happy.
My son, friends, family, tea!
I have met her son, he is pretty cute.
Who are some of your favourite artists?
I have some favourites from history such as Jackson Pollock, Klimt and Andy Warhol.. But I really enjoy following local and emerging art, most recently I've brought home creations by Kelly Drake, Phil B and Chrissy Foreman C.
I have to say Phil B is one of mine too.
Who are your favourite music artists? 
This changes all the time depending on my mood and again I like finding new talent often, my last iTunes purchase was Hideaway by Kiesza.




SET ME FREE 91cm x 61cm Acrylic on canvas $490




MIDNIGHT OWL 38cm x 30cm Acrylic on canvas board (framed) $175




SEAL SHORE 38cm x 30cm Acrylic on canvas board (framed) $175




OUT IN THE ELEMENTS 45cm x 45cm Mixed Media $310




IT STARTS AS FRIENDS




No comments:

Post a Comment