Thursday, July 4, 2013

Inventoria Designs

We have wonderfull creations by Merryn Standish-White of  Inventoria Designs in the Gallery. Here is some information taken from her website:

Inventoria Designs makes attractive alternative accessories that are classically elegant with a modern twist! The unique products are hand-made from quality materials, and range in style from Steampunk to geek, stylish to cute and quirky!

Merryn is also always happy to work with you to create a custom order, and does take on larger sewing commissions too.

 
How do you create your work?

 
I work instinctively from my materials, having a general idea of the end creation, and then letting the fabric, colours or feel dictate the way the piece evolves. I love finding special pieces of fabric or charms that come together to make something special.

I hand craft all my pieces – the bows and brooches are hand sewn from fine fabrics, the cameos I hand paint and the cards are my own drawings.
I work from my little home studio, surrounded by my books and kept company by my cat, usually with movies or audio books playing. 


What inspires you to create?


A love of creating beautiful things that will make people smile is what inspires me.
I have always needed to be creative in some way, whether it is painting, photography or costume design, and I now feel odd if I find myself sitting without having my hands busy creating something.
I love working with rich fabrics like silk and velvet, pairing jewel tones with metallic accents.


What are your hopes for the future?

 I hope to share my works and passion for creating with others, and by so doing, grow my little business of Inventoria Designs into a thriving concern so that I can support myself by doing what I love.
I am also planning my wedding next year, so I am hoping that that goes well.

Name a few things that make you happy?

 The smile on a person's face when you match the perfect product to them. Spending time with my friends, family and fiance. Curling up in bed with a good book, chocolate and the kitty cat. 


Who are some of your favourite Artists?


I adore the art nouveau artwork of Alphonse Mucha, and am a huge fan of fantasty literature, Steampunk aesthetics and geek culture. 


I always ask who peoples favourite music artists are as I like to stick a clip at the end?



I listen to a lot of different music – from Nightwish to The Weepies to Belle and Sebastien … but just lately I've been trying to find wedding music, and have gone back to one of my all time favourite movies and it's theme song – The Princess Bride.... 



 Set up and ready for the @Unleashed Alternative Markets at the Toombul sports centre






 A laid back sunny day, and my little space at the @BrisStyle markets





 A custom made cosplay outfit of Merida from Brave. Velvet dress and crinkled cotton shirt, custom-sized to the customer.
Long stretchy teal velvet dress, with zip at the back and ribbon attached sleeves, and neckline detail similar to the movie version. The white underneath is a lovely crinkled cotton shirt, gathered at neck and wrist, and long enough to make the big puffy sleeves.
A similar outfit in similar materials would cost about $150.






 Three cute sets of kitty ears picked up today for some gorgeous burlesque gals:)






A selection of  Inventoria goodies.









 Custom made Burlesque costume - red satin ruffled skirt edged with lace with gold button detail, but actually fastened with poppers - showing the many layered back , tie front red satin top with matching frilly arm sleeves, red and black garter with gold and black rose decoration and flower hairclip

 Links




 Willy deVille/Mark Knopfler with Storey Book Love



No comments:

Post a Comment