Thursday, June 27, 2013

Paper Alphabet

Paper Alphabet is wonderfull  notebooks, origami, paper crafts, jewellery created by Erin Klapper, a graphic designer and artist living in Brisbane, Australia. She is a lover of all crafts and quirkiness! She absolutely adores handmade products and everything creative!


How do you create your work?

My brooches and earrings are made using shrink film (this awesome plastic material you can print on and bake). I use design programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop to create my artworks and then print them onto the shrink film. I also have a passion for origami and paper, and create little folded crane garlands out of old books (I love recycling).

What inspires you to create?

Often the weather inspires me to create, if it's cold and gloomy outside, instead of feeling cold and gloomy myself I start making things to warm my spirits! However, other times I am inspired to create by seeing other people being creative.

What are your hopes for the future?

I am studying graphic design at the moment, and I would really love to have a freelance web and graphic design business along side my creative and crafty Paper Alphabet hobby business.

Name a few things that make you happy?

My mother (and my whole family), bunnies and origami.

Who are some of your favourite Artists?

Anna Garforth, Orange you Lucky! and Gustav Klimt.


I always ask who peoples favourite music artists are as I like to stick a clip at the end.

I am a bit obsessed with the new Boards of Canada album, especially the track "Reach for the Dead





Origami Heart Brooch

 


Blank Face Illustration Brooch

 


Nordic Origami Bunny Brooch

 


Origami Heart Wooden Brooch




 Recycled Origami Garland






Australian Animal Brooch Collection


Links

http://www.paperalphabet.com/

http://www.blog.paperalphabet.com/

http://www.facebook.com/paperalphabet


Here are the New Boards of Canada with "Reach for the Dead"



No comments:

Post a Comment